Saturday, November 17, 2007

Meeting Junie B. Jones

Thursday night one of the libraries over near us had a "Meet Junie B. Jones" event. (For those who don't know, this is a children's book series by Barbara Park) Chloe loooves Junie B. Jones. And I must admit that I do too! The books are so funny. So we headed out to meet her.

We read one of the books while waiting.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And waiting patiently. :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

First there were crafts to make...

A "Stupid Smelly Bus"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Junie mask...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Glasses...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here is my little Junie B...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And finally time to meet Junie.
We had no idea what this would be like.
I thought maybe a child or young woman dressed like Junie dresses.
But instead it was a woman with a massive head on. LOL!
Chloe was less than thrilled about that. She said the huge head was creepy.
You know how she is...she can't hide her feeling about anything because her face is so expressive. Well, here she is...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It was fun!

She brought this home from school yesterday. The feathers are where she listed what she is thankful for...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I don't know if you can see what she wrote.

-Her teacher
-Mom
-Food
-Her country
-Dad

She's such an awesome kid.

1 comment:

Dawn Endres said...

hahahaha! That is one massive head. hehehehe! That's funny. We love Junie B. Jones too! I didn't know about this or we might have gone. Cute craft.

About Me

My photo
A Girl and Her Mom ******************** **I am a 27-year old single mom to one fabulous 8-year old little girl. This blog is all about the fun things we do and lots of my random thoughts.

Stat Counter